This summer, we’re proud to announce our latest addition to our extensive range of scenic flights and adventures – The Milford Sound Private Charter Flight + VIP Cruise. Our most popular adventure, elevated.
Our newest and most exclusive Milford Sound experience will take you by private charter flight, into the heart of Fiordland, giving you panoramic views of snow-covered mountains and glaciers, including the Olivine Ice Plateau, Earnslaw Burn Glacier and Mt. Tutoko Glacier, the rugged West Coast and the Tasman Sea.
This experience starts with a private transfer between your accommodation and our base at Queenstown Airport where you’ll be introduced to your dedicated pilot. Step onboard our modern Cessna 206 StationairHD, sit back and relax as your pilot takes you on an extended flight path, showcasing landmarks along the way.
After landing in Milford Sound, your pilot will escort you to the Southern Discoveries boat, where you will meet your personal boat host who will take you the the VIP area, that includes a private outdoor viewing deck. Cruise out to the Tasman Sea, taking in the views of Mitre Peak, Hanging Garden, Fairy Falls, Seal Rock, Stirling Falls and Bowen Falls. Along your journey, there will be a selection of drinks and nibbles; high tea for our morning departure and a charcuterie board on the afternoon.
Following your nature cruise, you’ll be met by your pilot who will escort you back to the airfield for a scenic flight back to Queenstown, following a different flight path. Enjoy a private transfer from our Queenstown Airport base back to your accommodation, with time left in the day to explore, shop, or dine your way around Queenstown.
- Private transfer between your accommodation and our Queenstown Airport base
- Personalised scenic flights between Queenstown and Milford Sound aboard our Cessna 206 Stationair HD with 2-way headsets for communication between you and your pilot
- Exclusive use of the Southern Discoveries VIP area with private outdoor viewing deck and personal boat host
- High tea onboard your cruise with a morning departure and a charcuterie board on the afternoon
- An arrivals drink package including bubbles, beers and/or soft drinks
- Private transfer between our Queenstown Airport base and you accommodation on return
- Your guaranteed window seat